Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lettuce Cake and Carrot Candles

The Groundhog has spoken! Puxatawney Phil emerged from his burrow this morning in Pennsylvania and saw his shadow. I saw mine, too. We proclaim that winter will last another six weeks. Up here in a frigid snowy Maine that's an early spring. March 15th. Not bad at all. One or two more snowstorms then *poof* gone. Longer days. Brighter sun. Spring.

And I have more time to lighten up. Fit slimmingly into capris and skimmer flats. When I return home from southern California in mid-March crocus will be peeking purple blooms through the frozen earth under the Rhododendrons on either side of the stone steps leading to my home. Ah... spring.

But first I have some celebrating to do. Today. Cheers! Happy birthday to me! One year to my big 6-0.

1 comment: