Saturday, January 9, 2010

Just the facts, ma'am? Well, not quite.

Promise my musings will not be inspired by daily Tarot readings. Promise! Silly, really. And besides, Tarot cards frightened me. Big time. Who wants to know what is lurking in the background or right around the corner. Not me. But ... this is BIG. Really big. And, the one the other day ... Eight of Cups Reversed ... shocked me into reality. Should I really do this? Can I really do this? Raise the funds? Find a loving place for my beloved Bailey? Turn off the water, the electricity and 'winterize' my porous antique home? Head to the other side of the planet into the unknown? Is this temporary? Permanent? Decisions. Decisions. Details. Ooooh. Too many. Daunting.

Gracefully traversing the back nine as the best me, requires preparation (as every female over a certain age knows all too well). And plenty of it. Much more than tossing a toothbrush, clean panties and a bathing suit into an overnight bag. Tools are needed. Lots of tools. Whatever stocks Lowes' shelves. Home Depot, too, just for good measure. The Barney's shoe box that doubles as my tool box holding one hammer, two screwdrivers - one Phillips, one flat head, a pair of pliers and rusty nails circa 1976 needs real help. Think of this as a shopping cart into which I can pile a leveler with that floating bubble in the thing-a-ma-bob, a stud finder and some furniture glue.

Here I am, jump-starting my quest for rediscovery. Need the universe in my court. The wind at my back. Not a typhoon swirling me toward the tsunami heading in my direction. Indulge me. Straight faced, please! No whispering behind my back. If you have something to add, just let me know. A fatalist, I'll take whatever. A realist, I'll expect nothing. An idealist, I am filled with hope. Wow. Hope? That in itself is monumental. Thought I had misplaced that with my kahunas.

So, here goes. Turn the card over. I just might peek at tomorrows, too ;-) So, with fingers tentatively perched on the keyboard I scroll through my browser's Favorites and * poof * click the hyperlink which transports me in a nano-second to ...

The Six of Swords! Wahoo! I am once again headed into the sun. The light. My adventure aloft. Time to travel. Move to a new area, perhaps by or near the water. A change of pace and scenery. A slowing down. This part of your journey needs reverence and thought. Pick up the pieces and move on. Regained health, but it's been a slow process. Take slow methodical steps. Keep your chin up, this is a time of recovery. Sadness, but not depression. Coping. Hope is renewed. A reversal buoyed by the universe, confirmed.

Dare I? Tomorrow's? Why the hell not? Double-click: the Strength card. Yes! I know this one well. My strong suit really. Derived from years of navigating challenges through the looking glass from one Mad Hatter's tea party to another. Courage begins to bubble up again from the fount in my core. Strength and fortitude. From energy follows thought and action. Power that is respected. Quiet control of oneself and others. Need to bring strength from deep within and continue on in face of adversity. Strength of mind as well as body is needed. Difficult tasks ahead. Focus on all goals at once. Control of all resources at one's disposal. Ability to do what is needed when time is right. Knowing oneself and one's gifts as well as one's weaknesses.

Okay. Finally connected, committed to this dream of mine. You know? This life change feels right. I am at the ready. Can straighten the hem. Iron out the creases. Gently adjust the drape of fabric over the form. Tack sequins here and there. Add a bit of ric-rac, a velvet ribbon a touch of lace or a tender button. Begin to fully clothe the journey. Dress it in style. Design the next step in this journey of mine. It's mine. I shall wear it proudly.

To the universe: Cheers! Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment